"Why shouldn't we live as one peaceful family called Humanity?" - the question posed by Vishwaguruji in his key note speech at the conference.
In order to reinforce the efforts of the United Nations for world peace, non-violence and yoga, the Sri Swami Madhavananda World Peace Council (SSMWPC) in cooperation with Yoga in Daily Life Prague and Vishwa Guru Deep Hindu Mandir – Czech Hindu Religious Community, organized an international conference on 'Yoga in Daily Life – A Path to Non-Violence and World Peace', which took place on Sunday 4 December 2016, in the historical Lucerna Palace in Prague, Czech Republic.
See video of Vishwaguruji's speech on Facebook here.
In accordance with Mahatma Gandhiji’s admonition to “Be the change you want to see” and Paramhans Sri Swami Madhavanandaji’s, “One in All and All in One”, SSMWPC raises awareness of the importance of inner peace in humans as a way to world peace. The peace endeavours can only be successful in combination with inner transformation, and yoga provides the required power for positive change.
Hundreds of delegates listened to inspiring talks by a number of political and spiritual leaders, leading academics and physicians, as well as artists. They all agreed on the importance of fostering peace and non-violence as a way forward, to make today’s world a better place and to contribute to the personal and spiritual development of humans. Dedicated statements and official letters of support for the conference objectives were received from executive state officials, local authorities, scientists, NGOs and academia from Australia, Austria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, India, Japan, Slovakia, Slovenia, and USA.
In the resolution of this remarkable Peace Summit, the participants agreed to support the following ideals and concepts:
1. Protection of the environment, lakes, rivers, oceans, bees, birds and wildlife.
2. We are against wars and violence, not only against humans but also against animals.
3. We see the whole world as one family, as a brotherhood and sisterhood.
4. We want to create a happy, prosperous and healthy world, full of peace, happiness, harmony, tolerance and understanding.
5. Our aim is to support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
- No Poverty
- Affordable and clean energy
- Climate Action
- Zero Hunger
- Decent work and economic growth
- Life below water
- Good Health and Well-Being
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Life on land
- Quality education
- Reduced inequalities
- Peace, justice and strong institutions
- Gender Equality
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Partnerships for the goals
- Clean water and sanitation
- Responsible consumption and production
Read more on the SSMWPC website here.